// No, not really as my free time is very limited. I do post memes for quick little drawing inspirations for warm ups, but as far as ‘requests’ go, you’ll have to commission me in order to get anything that you want specifically.
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
Cyclonis and a bearded vulture. Not sure what the connection is other than being majestic as fuck (though funnily enough I did use a vulture as a ref for the winged pic)
Reblog this if you have no problem with relationships that are OC X Canon!
Okay so I really don’t support the idea that Dark Ace’s mechanical arm thing is suppose to be for a weak arm but here’s how I think the thing works.
This is an arm brace (or rather, and elbow brace.)
You can already see the problem. See how it support the arm? It hugs tight and close and provides as sort of stabilization, and while it would lessen pressure with strikes, it really restricts movement. In a fight, it’s a handicap and a pretty big one.
Notice how Dark Ace’s arm thing is far more maneuverable? Almost like it’s suppose to stay out of the way? It’s defiently NOT supporting the elbow or even the arm.
However. take a look at this shoulder brace
Now take a look at Ace shoulder mech and chest armour
Hmmm interesting, no? Here about this?
Ah ha! See what I mean? The armour almost looks like it’s following and even stitched into the brace. I’m not saying that Ace doesn’t have an injury, I’m saying that if it’s anywhere, it’s his shoulder that’s the problem. BUT, I think what that thing is meant for is a grappling hook. Take a look at how weight would be distributed.
The metal rod connecting the shoulder to the forearm is just about the same length as his arm, possibly just a little bit shorter, transferring all the stress to the brace and therefor his chest, not his joints.
Just some food for thought.
"I leave for five goddamn minutes and this shit happens!”
Cyclonis does have one little thing she keeps very secret, and that’s her love of fashion, designing and sketching what we would thing of as high end fashion.
She hides this little hobby because it’s both seen as extremely wasteful of a hard to come by but extremely necessary resource, cloth, and is seen as a very useless skill and time for someone in her position, but also because it’s very personal things, filled her love of colours and childishly girly things, though there is a wide variety styles and themes in her sketchbooks.
However this hobby is a life saver for her, a means to stop thinking and just create and have actual fun. She can escape to something she feels safe in. Those sketchbooks are her sanctuary.
// This headcanon was fueled by early storm hawks concepts were MC was a something of a fashion model and loved to outdo everyone.
- Title: Sayaka's Transformation
- Artist: Yuki Kajiura
- Artist: Madoka Magica
- Played: 60 plays